Sitterly Movers appreciatiates the support of the Central and Western Massachusetts marketplace and business community and understands its role as a responsible company within that community. Consequently, we have taken many steps to honor our debt for that support.
We have established a company-wide “green” commitment. This commitment includes:
• Recycling of office waste, used packaging, and used vehicle fluids.
• Usage of biofuels and non-toxic vehicle fluids (i.e. antifreeze) where possible.
• Electric and fuel consumption conservation practices.
• First Trailer Tail in the moving Industry.
• Packing cartons made with Recycled Cardboard.
Sitterly Movers and its employees have provided assistance to numerous local charities and provided “pro bono” support to many local non-profit groups. The company has provided particular support and donations to both the YMCA and YWCA.
To support our industry and business partners we are members and strong supporters of the following professional organizations:
• Better Business Bureau of Central New England
• Springfield Chamber Of Commerce
• International Facility Management Association
• American Moving and Storage Association
• New England Library Association
• Massachusetts Library Association
• Connecticut Library Association
• Worldwide Employee Relocation Council
Since our inception in 1930, Sitterly Movers has donated thousands of service hours to the Central and Western Mass communities. Below are just a few of the organizations we are proud to support.
Walk of Champions
During the past ten years Walk of Champions has raised over $650,000 for Cancer Services to benefit patient care at Baystate Mary Lane Hospital. Funds are raised through the Baystate Health Foundation and have been used for many items including family support counseling, educational outreach, pastoral care, medications and state-of-the-art equipment purchases. More information
Cradles to Crayons
Cradles to Crayons provides children from birth through age 12, living in homeless or low-income situations, with the essential items they need to thrive – at home, at school and at play. We supply these items free of charge by engaging and connecting communities that have with communities that need. More information
Celebration of Hope
Through events and fundraising efforts Celebration of Hope makes philanthropic contributions to organizations that provide cancer support services, research, and awareness. More information
For more information about our community involvement, call us at 1-800-533-1171 or use our contact form.